About the Office
The office is located at 4545 NW 8th Avenue, Suite A. We are one block west of the intersection of NW 43rd Street and NW 8th Avenue, 1.5 miles east of I-75. Suite A is on the first floor.
You can access the office from NW 8th Avenue. Look for the the large brick building on the South side of 8th Avenue, near Gainesville Health and Fitness Center main campus. Parking is available along the South and West sides of the building.
About the Attorney
Katherine L. Floyd
Katherine (Katie) Floyd is a Gainesville native who attended the University of Florida on an academic scholarship, majoring in Journalism. Before her legal career she worked in publishing and on Capitol Hill.
While attending law school, Katie distinguished herself being named to the Deans list, receiving a "Book Award" for her Trial Practice skills and clerked for private practitioner, one of the state's oldest law firms, and a judge. Upon graduation, Katie accepted a position with a state-wide civil defense firm in Jacksonville where she represented insurance carriers, employers and small business owners defending workers’ compensation, employment, and liability claims before returning to her hometown to practice.
After several years as a litigator, a health crisis in her own family changed her professional focus. Katie enrolled in the University of Florida's Masters of Law in Taxation (LL.M.) program, widely recognized by tax scholars and practitioners as one of the nation’s leading programs for the advanced study of tax law, focusing her study on estate planning.
In addition to her legal practice, Katie is active in the local community. She is on the Board of Directors for Sunrise Rotary and the Gerald T. Bennett Inn of Court. Katie is also a nationally-recognized speaker on various technology issues and is a frequent lecturer on the use of technology and the practice of law. She has published several articles on the subject as well as presented continuing legal eduction courses and spoken at various conferences, including for the American Bar Association.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law – Master of Laws (LL.M.) in Taxation
- University of Florida Levin College of Law - Juris Doctor
- University of Florida - Bachelor of Science in Journalism
Professional Associations & Community Involvement:
- Gerald T. Bennett Inn of Court, Board Member and Membership Chair
- Gainesville Sunrise Rotary, Board Member, Vice President Elect
- Clara Gehan Association for Women Lawyers, President Elect
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association, "Trial Skills" Committee Member
- Gainesville Area Women's Network, Member
- Florida Bar Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, Member
- Florida Bar Elder Law Section, Member
- Florida Bar Solo and Small Firm Section, Member
- MacPeople, Gainesville Area Macintosh Users Group, Past President